Friday, November 22, 2013

Are all Republican politicians gun-toting, coke-snorting, beer-bonging frat dudes?

I didn't say anything about Texas State Rep. Drew Darby (R) "facing a felony charge after he attempted to take a weapon through" security at an airport.

And I managed to hold off on running with the story about Tea Party fave and "hip hop conservative" Trey Radel (representative from Florida) getting busted with cocaine at the airport. Jon Stewart did a nice piece on him—see below.)

But THIS is too much:
That's a guy from Minnesota named Stewart Mills. He is married, but the woman in the photo isn't his wife. Stewart is (was?) a Republican congressional candidate. Asked about his good judgment, he went into classic GOP evasive maneuvers:
"It's no secret that in the past I've let my hair down to have fun with family and friends. My wife and I have had many lighthearted moments in our lives but right now I am focused on my Congressional campaign and the disastrous effects of our overreaching government and sky high unemployment in the north eastern Minnesota."
Now pick this up at 2:34.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughtful comments.